Navigate your way around the sky with this easy install, Digital Setting Circles kit for Vixen Porta Mount II
We all know about the excellence of the classic original Vixen Porta mounts and how easy they are to use in the field. Well now you can add a new dimension to your favorite portable mount to make it even more fun to use and educational.
The Nexus DSC Porta Kit is an advanced digital setting circles computer for your Alt-Az Vixen Porta II mount. Supplied with clear user installation instructions, the Nexus DSC packs all the latest technologies into a device designed to help you navigate and identify thousands of celestial objects.
With its handy built-in GPS and easy to navigate menus, the accuracy of the encoders is 15' of arc across 360º. The number of steps is 8192 providing a resolution of ~2.6' of arc.
- Red OLED graphical display
- Full numeric tactile keypad
- Practically unlimited number of celestial objects in its database
- Internal rechargeable Lithium battery
- Built-in GPS receiver
- Powerful Identify and Tour modes
- Multi-point telescope pointing analysis system
- Supports up to 64GB microSD cards
- Optional WiFi interface to your tablet/smartphone/laptop
- Supports ServoCAT, SiTech and SkyTracker motor controllers
- User catalogues (practically unlimited2) can be added and used
- Can be charged/powered from an external 5-16V DC power source
Includes encoders for both ALT and AZ axis, NEXUS DSC hand held computer and all fixing adaptors for proper fitting plus cigarette lighter adaption cable, AC adaptor, USB power lead, quick star guide and detailed instruction manual. Use the supplied Allan Keys stowed in the mount compartment (that come with your Vixen Porta II mount) to carry out the installation. You will need a small to medium screw driver. Takes around 30 minutes.
**Designed and developed in Australia** Support Australian business. **Mount not included**
Astro Shop can fit for you for a small labour charge if you prefer.